Air Logistics Operational Care Specialist (12 Month FTC)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our Air Logistics team as an Operational Care Specialist on an initial 12 month Fixed term contract at our Heathrow site
The Operational Care Specialist will be part of a team within the Operational Care Centre (OCC) responsible for coordinating transport activities by: executing the necessary bookings with our partners and gateways, executing the requisite data entry associated with transport document generation, generating the required documentation, and liaising with our customer care specialists to ensure specific requirements are met (Transit Times, Carrier selection, Routings etc.).
- Coordinate and align customer deliverables with customer care teams, partners and suppliers to manage the transportation of customer's cargo
- Manage operational tasks through Business Process Automation tools (BPA) and all related features
- Review and ensure alignment of shipping instructions including clarifying any deviations/conflicts in contradiction to country regulations, export compliance and rate and routing information.
- Immediately report problems, operational disputes or discrepancies to your team leader
- Monitor operational performance of carriers and other vendors and escalate / create awareness if performance and commitments are not being delivered
- Initiate and resolve any rate or performance discrepancies
- Act as a main contact for the services in scope
- Support the training and on-boarding of new colleagues within KN standards
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Experience in either freight forwarding or transport planning with key focus on airfreight
- Ability to understand and execute new processes
- Excellent knowledge of MS office features, especially excel
- Understand & respect the company confidentiality and compliance regulations (Code of Conduct)
- Strong affinity with required customer quality standards
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Problem solving skills
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
If you would like to become a valued member of our team then we will also make sure that you're rewarded for your commitment and expertise. We are offering a competitive salary and 23 days holiday plus bank holidays. You will also have the opportunity to join the contributory Kuehne+Nagel pension plan and benefit from our Route 2 Rewards scheme which offers discounts and savings on a wide range of high street or internet goods and services.
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne+Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies.
Your application has been successfully submitted.